Sylvester Stallone

Neuigkeiten und Diskussionen zu Filmen aus den USA und dem Rest der Welt.
Antworten
metalsteak80

Beitrag von metalsteak80 » Do 3. Mai 2018, 13:26

All Time Classic :mrgreen:

Frau Stockl

Re: Sylvester Stallone

Beitrag von Frau Stockl » Sa 23. Feb 2019, 14:01

Q: My question to you is why did D-Tox / Eye See You not get a wide theatrical release?
A: It’s very simple why D-TOX landed in limbo. A film is a very delicate creature. Any adverse publicity or internal shake-up can upset the perception of - and studio confidence in - a feature. For some unknown reason the original producer pulled out and right away the film was considered damaged goods; by the time we ended filming there was trouble brewing on the set because of overages and creative concerns between the director and the studio. The studio let it sit on the shelf for many months and after over a year it was decided to do a re-shoot. We screened it, it tested okay, Ron Howard was involved with overseeing some of the post-production… but the movie had the smell of death about it. Actually, if you looked up, you could see celluloid buzzards circling as we lay there dying on the distributor’s floor. One amusing note: It was funny, when we were met at the airport by the teamsters they’d have a sign in front of them saying DETOX, and all these actors like Kris Kristofferson, Tom Berenger and myself looked like we were going into rehab rather than a film shoot.

Q: Any chance that original cut of Judge Dredd might ever come to DVD?
A: I think, from what I recall, the whole project was troubled from the beginning. The philosophy of the film was not set in stone – by that I mean “Is this going to be a serious drama or with comic overtones” like other science fiction films that were successful? So a lotta pieces just didn’t fit smoothly. It was sort of like a feathered fish. Some of the design work on it was fantastic and the sets were incredibly real, even standing two feet away, but there was just no communication. I knew we were in for a long shoot when, for no explainable reason Danny Cannon, who’s rather diminutive, jumped down from his director’s chair and yelled to everyone within earshot, “FEAR me! Everyone should FEAR me!” then jumped back up to his chair as if nothing happened. The British crew was taking bets on his life expectancy.

Q: Could you share an anecdote or two about the filming of The Lords of Flatbush?
A: Yeah, the original part of Chico, which was played by Perry King, was originally supposed to be played by Richard Gere, but we never hit it off. He would strut around in his oversized motorcycle jacket like he was the baddest knight at the round table. One day, during an improv, he grabbed me (we were simulating a fight scene) and got a little carried away. I told him in a gentle fashion to lighten up, but he was completely in character and impossible to deal with. Then we were rehearsing at Coney Island and it was lunchtime, so we decided to take a break, and the only place that was warm was in the backseat of a Toyota. I was eating a hotdog and he climbs in with a half a chicken covered in mustard with grease nearly dripping out of the aluminum wrapper. I said, “That thing is going to drip all over the place.” He said, “Don’t worry about it.” I said, “If it gets on my pants you’re gonna know about it.” He proceeds to bite into the chicken and a small, greasy river of mustard lands on my thigh. I elbowed him in the side of the head and basically pushed him out of the car. The director had to make a choice: one of us had to go, one of us had to stay. Richard was given his walking papers and to this day seriously dislikes me. He even thinks I’m the individual responsible for the gerbil rumor. Not true… but that’s the rumor.

Q: One of my favourite movies is Cliffhanger. I have heard that the version seen at the cinemas and released on dvd is a very cut version. Is this true? Do you know of any plans of a director’s cut release?
A: No, actually the director’s cut was met with a lot of disapproval at the screening and received some alarmingly low scores. Mainly because the stunts were absurdly overblown. For example, the average man can jump maybe twelve feet across a gorge, and the stunts had me leaping maybe three hundred feet or more, so situations like that had to be pared down and still then were fairly extreme… so you’re probably better off with this cut. By the way, the 2nd unit crew that filmed the majority of the action was extraordinary.

http://legacy.aintitcool.com/node/30932
~ Hoffnung ist die kleine Schwester der Verzweiflung.

Yuki

Beitrag von Yuki » Sa 23. Feb 2019, 14:17

lol. Die Story mit Richard Gere. Die Sache mit dem DETOX-Schild am Flughafen ist bestimmt auch gut gewesen :mrgreen: !

Julio Sacchi

Beitrag von Julio Sacchi » Sa 23. Feb 2019, 14:19

GROSSARTIG

Sylvio Constabel

Beitrag von Sylvio Constabel » Sa 23. Feb 2019, 20:25

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Bei Sylvio mag ich, er guckt halt auch viel mit dem Herzen. Jimfried Nullinie

Don Kolleone

Beitrag von Don Kolleone » Sa 23. Feb 2019, 21:49

Yuki hat geschrieben:
Sa 23. Feb 2019, 14:17
lol. Die Story mit Richard Gere.
Und das "gerbil" Gerücht, was zum Schluß erwähnt wird (musste ich erstmal googeln) :shock: :lol:
"Krieg ist wie Kino. Vorne flimmerts, hinten sind die besten Plätze." - Arnim Dahl

Sylvio Constabel

Beitrag von Sylvio Constabel » So 24. Feb 2019, 10:01

Das wußte sogar ich. :lol:
#stein

Sylvio Constabel

Beitrag von Sylvio Constabel » So 24. Feb 2019, 18:17

F.I.S.T. gesehen. Das ist ja ein brillantes Mammutwerk, meine Fresse!

Die Union-Geschichte wird relativ flott erzählt und weiß daher immer zu fesseln. Stallone ist fantastisch wie eh und je. Die deutsche BD sieht superb aus und die gibt's für 'nen schmalen Taler.

Yuki

Beitrag von Yuki » So 24. Feb 2019, 18:41

F.I.S.T. ein brilliantes Mammutwerk zu nennen, finde ich schon gewagt. Ich würde sogar lieber nochmal den FLATBUSH-Film gucken... :shifty:

Frau Stockl

Beitrag von Frau Stockl » So 24. Feb 2019, 19:32

Ich tät ja gerne D-Tox und Get Carter jetzt gerade noch mal sehen.
(Hatte mal die Vhs)
Streamt nur keiner.
Schaise.
~ Hoffnung ist die kleine Schwester der Verzweiflung.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag