The Wire (2002-2008)

Keiner mag sie so wirklich, aber ohne wollen wir auch nicht: Alles rund um die Flimmerkiste.
SvenT

Beitrag von SvenT » Di 22. Apr 2014, 17:53

Sylvio Constabel

Beitrag von Sylvio Constabel » Fr 5. Dez 2014, 04:01

Freude!
Wird an Tag eins gekauft. Das Reframing sieht gut aus, darüber mache ich mir keine Gedanken.

HBO® Unveils New High-Definition Re-Mastering of

Award-Winning Hit Series The Wire®

In the six years that have passed since the conclusion of the HBO series The Wire, the critically acclaimed drama has turned into a worldwide phenomenon that has been hailed as “one of the best and most original series on television in decades” by the New York Times. Now, new and old fans of the series can watch the show like never before thanks to a brand new High-Definition upgrade of all 60 episodes, which will debut in December on HBO Signature® and HBO GO®. The Wire: The Complete Series will be available to own on Digital HD Monday, January 5, 2015 and on Blu-rayTM in Summer 2015.

The entire series has been beautifully re-mastered in 16x9 Full-Frame HD from more than 8,000 reels of original 35mm camera negative, allowing for a tighter fit on widescreen TVs and computer/tablet screens. The original negatives were scanned, edited, dust-busted and color-corrected with great care and attention taken to stay true to the look and feel of the original Standard-Definition 4x3 version.

The Wire: The Complete Series in HD will be available for the first time as a full series purchase at iTunes, Google Play, X-Box Video and Vudu on January 5. Individual episodes and seasons will be available through all of HBO’s Digital HD retailers.

To celebrate the HD launch, HBO Signature will air the entire series consecutively, one season per day starting with season 1 on Friday, December 26 at noon. The marathon will wrap with season 5 on Tuesday, December 30.

This will be the first time The Wire has aired on a linear HBO channel since Season 5 wrapped in 2008, as well as the first time that all five seasons of the entire series have aired consecutively on the network.
Bei Sylvio mag ich, er guckt halt auch viel mit dem Herzen. Jimfried Nullinie

Bewitched240

Beitrag von Bewitched240 » Fr 5. Dez 2014, 09:23

Endlich kann ich dann diese Lücke mal schließen. Sauber!

ricky

Beitrag von ricky » Fr 5. Dez 2014, 09:34

Boah, wie Geil ist das denn?! Das nehme ich dann als Anlass für eine zweite Runde The Wire gucken :D
After I saw Kiss on stage, I wanted my show to look like the fourth of July. The persona of Rick James was wild and crazy, sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Mr. Vincent Vega

Beitrag von Mr. Vincent Vega » Fr 5. Dez 2014, 14:10

Schön für die Generation HD auf Widescreen gebracht, obwohl die Serie ganz bewusst in 4:3 gedreht wurde. :roll:
»Hey, ich kenn das, man hat nen knallvollen Terminplan und es ist 23 Uhr nachts und sonst hat niemand mehr offen und und und...« (Thorsten H.)

SvenT

Beitrag von SvenT » Fr 5. Dez 2014, 14:23

Das ist wirklich albern. Andererseits freut es mich natürlich, dass HBO "The Wire" noch mal ordentlich anschiebt und ein paar mehr Leute die Serie zu sehen bekommen.

ricky

Beitrag von ricky » Fr 5. Dez 2014, 14:53

Ok, das mit dem Format verstehe ich. Aber ist doch eine feine Sache, wenn sie das Originalmaterial noch in höherer Auflösung „aufnehmen“. 480p kann auf dem HD Gerät schon ganz schön ätzend sein, auf einer Röhre sieht’s verhältnismäßig gut aus.
After I saw Kiss on stage, I wanted my show to look like the fourth of July. The persona of Rick James was wild and crazy, sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Savior
Beitrag von Savior » Fr 5. Dez 2014, 15:06

480? Dank PAL hier immer noch 576. :P
Mr. Vincent Vega hat geschrieben:Schön für die Generation HD auf Widescreen gebracht, obwohl die Serie ganz bewusst in 4:3 gedreht wurde. :roll:
Ist bei The Wire wohl mal so, mal so. Im Zweifel natürlich trotzdem 4:3, klar.

Youri

Beitrag von Youri » Fr 5. Dez 2014, 15:14

David Simon äußert sich ausführlich zum HD-Transfer (inkl. Vergleichsclips)
At the last, I’m satisfied what while this new version of The Wire is not, in some specific ways, the film we first made, it has sufficient merit to exist as an alternate version. There are scenes that clearly improve in HD and in the widescreen format. But there are things that are not improved. And even with our best resizing, touchups and maneuver, there are some things that are simply not as good. That’s the inevitability: This new version, after all, exists in an aspect ratio that simply wasn’t intended or serviced by the filmmakers when the camera was rolling and the shot was framed.
Achtung: Der Text bzw. der erste Vergleichsclip spoilert das Finale von Staffel 2.

ricky

Beitrag von ricky » Fr 5. Dez 2014, 16:07

Savior hat geschrieben:480? Dank PAL hier immer noch 576. :P
Stimmt, hast Recht, my bad. PAL...hi hi hi...auch schon lange nicht mehr gehört.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag