Vengeance is Mine, All Others Pay Cash

Alles über Blu-ray, DVD, Laserdisc & VHS - Ankündigungen, Details & Schnäppchen.
Antworten
Doctor Schnabel
Vengeance is Mine, All Others Pay Cash

Beitrag von Doctor Schnabel » Fr 24. Jun 2022, 19:58

Kommt von Arrow Video

Release Date: 19 September 2022

From acclaimed Indonesian director Edwin (Postcards from the Zoo) and based on the novel by Eka Kurniawan comes Vengeance is Mine, All Others Pay Cash, winner of the Golden Leopard at the 2021 Locarno Film Festival – a pulpy, energetic throwback to 80s South East Asian action and coming-of-age cinema about a young man who can’t get it up.

Ajo Kawir (Marthino Lio) is a fighter who fears nothing, not even death. But his raging urge to fight is driven by a secret – his impotence, resulting from a traumatic childhood memory. When he crosses paths with a tough female fighter named Iteung (Ladya Cheryl), Ajo gets beaten black and blue, but he also falls head over heels in love. Will Ajo’s path lead him to a happy life with Iteung, and, eventually, his own peace of mind?

With echoes of early Takashi Miike, Vengeance is Mine, All Others Pay Cash is a wild and unexpectedly poignant meditation on toxic masculinity and a culture steeped in violence from one of Indonesia’s most exciting directorial voices.
High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
Original lossless Indonesian 5.1 and 2.0 stereo audio
Optional English subtitles
Brand new audio Q&A with co-writer/director Edwin
Over an hour of behind-the-scenes footage from the film set, organised into 13 episodes
The World Behind Vengeance – over 80 minutes of interview featurettes with the cast and crew
Video diaries from each day of shooting
An hour of readings from the original source novel, featuring multiple cast and crew members
Deleted scenes
Theatrical trailer
Image gallery
Reversible sleeve feature two choices of artwork
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Josh Hurtado
studio:
Arrow
Run Time:
114 mins approx
Director:
Edwin
Certificate:
Actor:
Marthino Lio

Ladya Cheryl

Reza Rahadian
Subtitle Languages:
English
Aspect Ratio:
1.85:1
Theatrical Release Year:
Main Language:
Indonesian
Number of Discs:
Region:
B
Brand:
Arrow
arrow.jpg

Na ja...

Besser :thumbup:

Zhang Liao

Re: Vengeance is Mine, All Others Pay Cash

Beitrag von Zhang Liao » Fr 24. Jun 2022, 22:01

Vengeance is Mine fand ich damals nur durchwachsen.
Ist leider kein Her Vengeance 2.0, auch wenn mir der Cast zuerst diese Hoffnung gab.
Bin mir nicht mehr sicher, aber ich meine, dass die Erzählgeschwindigkeit des Films nicht so toll ist.
Außerdem gibt es logische Schwächen und das Ende fand ich gar unbefriedigend.

Fazit in meinem nebulösen Hirn: Gibt eine Menge besserer Rape and Revenge Streifen.

Hm...müsste ich ja jetzt fast noch mal einlegen, um es zu überprüfen...

Frau Stockl

Re: Vengeance is Mine, All Others Pay Cash

Beitrag von Frau Stockl » Fr 24. Jun 2022, 23:01

Besser. :thumbup:
~ Hoffnung ist die kleine Schwester der Verzweiflung.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag