Harbinger Down

Neuigkeiten und Diskussionen zu Filmen aus den USA und dem Rest der Welt.
Antworten
ScheichHabib

Harbinger Down

Beitrag von ScheichHabib » Mo 13. Mai 2013, 13:55

Auf Kickstarter wird mal wieder geschnorrt. Der arme Schlucker ist Alec Gillis (TREMORS, ALIENS etc.).
In the spirit of sci-fi/horror classics, Alien and The Thing, Harbinger Down is a tense, claustrophobic full-length creature film that will feature only practical Animatronic and Makeup Effects.

If you're a fan of the art of Animatronics and Makeup FX, you know that this technique is overlooked by the big studios. I'm hoping that you will help us change that by supporting this labor of love. I will write and direct and ADI co-founder Tom Woodruff, Jr. will produce.

Our company, Amalgamated Dynamics, will create the kind of Oscar caliber Creature Effects for which we are known.
Der beste Effekt im Video ist übrigens Lance Henriksen, den erkennt man unter der Maske ja gar nicht wieder.

Mr. Vincent Vega

Beitrag von Mr. Vincent Vega » Mo 13. Mai 2013, 13:59

Kickstarter für den Erhalt einer bedrohten Kunst - und nicht für angeblich unabhängige schnulzige Rich-Kid-Dramödien.

Like.
»Hey, ich kenn das, man hat nen knallvollen Terminplan und es ist 23 Uhr nachts und sonst hat niemand mehr offen und und und...« (Thorsten H.)

Munin

Beitrag von Munin » Mo 13. Mai 2013, 14:34

Ich wünschte mir, das bekäme die Millionen und nicht die Indie-Hipster-Trottel.

ScheichHabib

Beitrag von ScheichHabib » Sa 15. Jun 2013, 13:02

Kohle ist da, Film kommt.
harbingerdown64arge.jpg
Interview mit Alec Gillis
Shock: With the Veronica Mars and Zach Braff projects, Kickstarter has been a hotly debated topic recently. You guys have worked with on large projects for big studios, and some have opined that cash-strapped filmmakers can't compete with people who have existing Hollywood connections. What's your take on that?

Gillis: I have mixed feelings. On one hand Mr. Braff and Veronica got funded, so the people have spoken. On the other hand, did those filmmakers divert fan money from other worthy projects when they could have gotten the funds through more traditional means? I don't know the answer. I think we're in a different category than them. Despite our credits, we are not personally wealthy. Harbinger Down's budget is just enough to pay for the nuts and bolts of the film. Tom and I expect to pay for the creature FX ourselves through sweat equity, our studio's assets, and plain old free work. The kinds of budgets Veronica Mars and Mr. Braff got will enable them to all get paid. Not so with us. It's a labor of love. The biggest difference is that we are answering a call. Fans of Practical creature FX have been begging for someone to step up and represent them. I think we're the right guys to fill that role.
Was derzeit mit Animatronics möglich ist:

Savior
Beitrag von Savior » Sa 15. Jun 2013, 13:07

Nur blöd, wenn man – wie im Falle von The Thing (2011) – nochmal komplett mit dem PC drüberwischt... :(

ScheichHabib

Beitrag von ScheichHabib » Sa 15. Jun 2013, 13:09

Deswegen ja dieses Projekt.

diceman
Beitrag von diceman » Sa 15. Jun 2013, 13:10

Komisch, hieß das neulich nicht noch "peinliches Ranschmeißen an die Nerd-Fraktion"? Weil "Oldschool" und so?
Just sayin'.
"Ja, Junge, da kann man mal sehen, wie schlecht du denken kannst."
• Jean-Luc Picard

ScheichHabib

Beitrag von ScheichHabib » Sa 15. Jun 2013, 13:21

Ich sprach vom Film, nicht von den FX. Die waren nachweislich auch im ersten HATCHET gut, leider auch mies inszeniert.

Savior
Beitrag von Savior » Sa 15. Jun 2013, 13:52

ScheichHabib hat geschrieben:Deswegen ja dieses Projekt.
Wollen wir mal sehen, was am Ende dabei 'rumkommt... bei The Thing sollte das zuerst auch anders aussehen.

ScheichHabib

Beitrag von ScheichHabib » Sa 15. Jun 2013, 13:55

Da hatte Gillis doch nichts mit zu tun. Film kann natürlich trotzdem scheiße werden, klar.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag